Could your eyes be causing your symptoms?
When the eyes are out of sync, or misaligned, it puts higher demand on the visual system. This additional demand can put stress on the trigeminal nerve – the largest and most complex nerve connected to the brain, and the one responsible for head and neck sensations.
The digital world has dramatically shifted how we use our vision, requiring us to see up close more frequently. With the increased demand on our visual system, the occurrence of symptoms such as dry eye, headaches, neck pain, and digital eyestrain has significantly increased.
If you experience any of these symptoms, you may be a candidate for neurolenses:
- Headaches: You get headaches of any severity each week (even just a dull ache counts). Your headaches tend to get worse later in the day. Your headaches are generally worse at work than they are at home or on the weekends.
- Stiffness or Pain in Neck/Shoulders: Your neck gets stiff or sore when you work at a computer or read. This might even be from your posture. You get frequent massages/chiropractic adjustments.
- Discomfort with Computer Use: You feel like you are more productive at work in the morning vs. the afternoon. Your eyes get tired, burn, or get red easily when you work at a computer for long hours.
- Tired Eyes: Your eyes feel fatigued/ tired at the end of a workday. Your eyes generally feel better in the morning compared to end of the day.
- Dry Eye Sensation: Your eyes and/or contacts tend to dry out when you are working on a computer or reading. Your eyes progressively feel more dry/sandy/ gritty as the day goes on.
- Light Sensitivity: Driving at night is difficult because of glare from headlights. Fluorescent lights bother you in large spaces( grocery store, department store, etc.).
- Dizziness: Riding in a car gives you motion sickness. You sometimes feel a sensation of vertigo or disconnectedness from your environment.
Why won’t traditional lenses help my symptoms?
With a traditional pair of lenses, no correction is made to fix your misalignment, which forces your visual system to constantly compensate. This added work often results in symptoms. If left untreated, symptoms are unlikely to improve on their own.
Lenses customized for your eyes
neurolenses aim to relieve symptoms by bringing the eyes into proper alignment at all distances. neurolenses are digitally designed, digitally manufactured, and developed specifically to treat your symptoms.
93% of patients who have purchased neurolenses have found symptom relief.
neurolens® technology equips doctors with a new, clinically-tested treatment option specifically designed for our increasingly digital world. As we become more dependent on digital devices and working up close, you can turn to your doctor for answers to your symptoms. To learn more about neurolens and if you are a candidate, ask our eye doctor today.